The knock-on bottle capper is a tool for attaching crown caps to glass bottles. It requires a little force and care but is a very easy tool for capping.
Instructions for using the Knock-on Bottle Capper
Before starting you will need
- A Knock-on Bottle capper
- Crown bottle caps
- A rubber mallet [DO NOT USE A METAL HAMMER]
- Bottles, reusing old bottles is fine but make sure they are cleaned.
You want to use this equipment on a soft surface like a wooden table, not a hard surface like a marble worktop.
- Place the bottle cap level on the top of the bottle.
- Place the metal part of the Knock-on capper over the bottle cap, make sure the cap remains level once you have done this.
- Hammer the centre of the metal part strongly but not with excessive force.
- If you feel the need hammer around the edge of the capper.
- Remove the knock-on capper, it may feel stuck on so gently move it around and it will come off.
- Your bottle is now capped!
You may also like to buy some crown bottle caps with this product.